Thursday, November 18, 2010

BRING IT ON SASSY SARAH!!

Sarah Palin says she is seriously considering a run
for the White House, and she believes she could beat
President Obama in 2012, the former Alaska governor
told ABC News' Barbara Walters.

"I'm looking at the lay of the land now, and ... trying
to figure that out, if it's a good thing for the country,
for the discourse, for my family, if it's a good thing,"
Palin said in an interview scheduled to air in full Dec.
9 on ABC as part of Walters' "10 Most Fascinating
People" of 2010.

Asked Walters: "If you ran for president, could you
beat Barack Obama?"

"I believe so," Palin said.

Although Palin remains undecided about whether to
run, the 2008 vice presidential nominee has now
made clear in two interviews this week that she is
seriously considering it.

In a profile to be published in the upcoming New
York Times Magazine, Palin told reporter Robert
Draper "I am," when asked if she was weighing a 2012
run. "I'm engaged in the internal deliberations
candidly, and having that discussion with my family,
because my family is the most important
consideration here."

Palin said her decision would involve "evaluating
whether she could bring unique qualities to the
table," admitting the biggest challenge would be
proving her record.

"I know that a hurdle I would have to cross, that some
other potential candidates wouldn't have to cross
right out of the chute, is proving my record," the
former Alaska governor told Draper. "That's the most
frustrating thing for me -- the warped and perverted
description of my record and what I've accomplished
over the last two decades.

"It's been much more perplexing to me than where the
lamestream media has wanted to go about my
personal life. And other candidates haven't faced
these criticisms the way I have."

Palin also addressed criticisms that, by avoiding the
media, she is partially responsible for the public's
perception of her. "I'm on television nearly every
single day with reporters. ... Now granted, that's
mainly through my job at Fox News, and I'm very
proud to be associated with them, but I'm not
avoiding anything or anybody.

"I'm on Facebook and Twitter. I'm out there. I want to
talk about my record, though."

The 2008 vice presidential nominee also recognized
that, "yes, the organization would have to change. …
I'd have to bring in more people -- more people who
are trustworthy."

Draper's story, "The Palin Network," details the inner
workings of the Palin political machine, which Draper
described as a "guerrilla organization."

"The issue of trust informs Sarah Palin's every dealing
with the world beyond Wasilla since her circular-
firing-squad experience at the close of the 2008
presidential campaign," Draper wrote. "Her inner
circle shuns the media and would speak to me only
after Palin authorized it, a process that took months.
advertisement By MARY BRUCE
Sarah Palin Says She Could Beat Obama
In Interview With Barbara Walters, Palin Says She Is Seriously Considering Entering Race in 2012

No comments: