HOW BIG IS WAL-MART? This should boggle your mind!!
And scare you as well!
1. At Wal-Mart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of every day.
2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Pat rick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
4.. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears, Costco + K-Mart combined.
5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private employer. And most can't speak English.
6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the World.
7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.
8. During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy (including Winn-Dixie).
9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super centers; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago.
11. This year, 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a Wal-Mart store. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 billion.)
12. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart.
13. The value of product for Wal-Mart passing through the port of San Diego each year is a larger sum than 93% of ALL countries Gross National Product (GNP) ...and that is only ONE port ...one way that Wal-Mart gets it's stuff.
14. Of the 1.6 million employees, only 1.2% make a living above the poverty level.
15. Wal Mart's head office is located and centralized in Bentonville. Due to this fact, there are more millionaires per square mile there than any place on Earth.
16. The official U.S. government position is that Wal-Mart's prices are no lower than anyone else's when compared to a typical families weekly purchases
That's the view of the statisticians at the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) responsible for calculating the consumer price index (CPI)..
17. 92% of everything Wal-Mart sells, comes from China . Another 4% comes from Chinese owned companies in the U.S. or in 3rd world countries.
18. Wal-Mart and MOST large companies, take out life insurance on its employees, without their knowing.
If an employee dies, ALL the insurance moneys go to the companies. I..e. An employee making $18,000 per year, dies, and the company might make as much as $1million.
Most often these moneys, coming from what is commonly referred to as "Dead Peasant Life Insurance Policies", is paid out to executives as bonuses. (A common practice, unknown by the common man)
19. Wal-Mart now averages a "profit" (not sales) of $36 billion per year. What do you think the Chinese Companies made?????
20. Let Wal Mart bail out Wall Street. If not, consider shopping someplace else.
For Sam Walton, low prices meant vast riches.
By 1985, Walton was America 's richest man. At the time of his death in 1992 he and his family were worth at least $23 billion, proceeds of a life spent selling everything he could fit under the roofs of his Wal-Mart ( WMT - news - people ) stores--from tires to tortellini--at prices neighborhood stores could not match. Today Walton's heirs--two sons, a daughter, a daughter-in-law and two nieces--are worth at least $90 billion, making them the richest family in America .
The Waltons are so rich that they have more than double the dollars of the second richest family in the U.S. , the Koch clan, who command a fortune of at least $40 billion.