Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ron Paul: How Many Elections has Trump Won? FNC give blow hard Trump free publicity again! He can't win and TRUMP wouldn't run!

Texas Republican Ron Paul hit back at Donald Trump on Monday for comments he made at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC)on Friday arguing that Paul "can not get elected" president, pointing out in response that "I don't know how many elections [Trump has] won so far himself."

When asked about Trump's comments, Paul compared his political record with that of the business magnate.

"I've won 11 times," Paul quipped in a Monday interview on CNN. "I don't know whether he has earned the, you know, the right to criticize someone for not winning elections, when I don't know how many elections he's won so far himself."

Paul, who won CPAC's unofficial presidential straw poll on Saturday, argued that he has spent the last thirty years beating the odds to win elections.

"That makes me think about back in the times when I first ran, because everybody knows my positions have been exactly the same 30 years ago, when I first ran for office," Paul said, of the comments. "I run in a very conservative Bible belt district, and I challenged everything George Bush did, practically... People say you can't win with that; you're too much of a strict Constitutionalist!"

Paul has been serving Texas' 14th district since 1997. Prior to that, he served several terms in Texas' 22nd district.

But the libertarian Congressman, who will be 77 years old by the 2012 elections, said he had yet to make a decision regarding a possible presidential bid.

"It's not an easy decision for me and I am still thinking about it," he said, but noted, "there's a large number of people who care about freedom."

He declined to comment on what chance he thought Trump would stand were he to enter the race.

"I have no idea," Paul said, of Trump's prospects. "I'd say it's too early to say. I guess everybody has a chance. Once you put your name out there, you always have that chance of winning."

No comments: