Sunday, December 12, 2010

JUDGE BREYER is a very smart man IF YOU HAVE chance read his book(s) too!

Breyer: 'Very important' to hear Obama

Chief Justice John Roberts found last January's State of the Union address "very troubling." But his colleague Justice Stephen Breyer had no such qualms.

In an interview on "Fox News Sunday," Breyer said he intends on attending President Barack Obama's next address to Congress and those thereafter.

"I will go next year," Breyer said. "I have gone every year. I think it is very, very, very, important, very important for us to show up at that State of the Union - because people today, as you know, are more and more visual. I'd like them to read, but they are visual. And what they see in front of them at that State of the Union is the federal government, every part, the president, the Congress, the Cabinet, military, and I would like them to see the judges too, because federal judges are also part of that government."

Roberts has voiced his disdain for Obama's public admonishment of the Supreme Court for its Citizens United decision. Yet Breyer, who sided with the president on that case, said it's part of the judicial process.

"My job is to write opinions," Breyer said. "The job of 307 million Americans is to criticize those opinions. And what they say is up to them. And the words I write are carrying out my job under the law as best I see it. That's true of my colleagues too

No comments: