Thursday, October 21, 2010

What is wrong with college football? This a college grad that made over $50 million!!?

JaMarcus Russell: "I don't know where it went wrong"

Former Raiders No. 1 overall pick JaMarcus Russell says he still wants to play in the NFL, and he says he's not the same man now that he was when he played three disappointing seasons in Oakland.

"Now looking back on it, I could have went about certain things different," Russell said in an interview with Josina Anderson on Inside the NFL.

But when Anderson asked him to be specific about what he would do differently, Russell couldn't give much detail.

"I'm not sure," Russell said. "I don't know where it went wrong. But for the things that did go wrong, I take full blame for whatever was my fault and the things that did happen. Being drafted number one, there's so much that they want you to do at the snap of a finger. It didn't happen that way, which brings us to today."

Unfortunately for Russell, if he can't be specific about what he did wrong and what he will do differently if he gets another chance, it's going to be hard for him to convince NFL teams that he deserves another chance.

Russell insists that he will get another chance, however, telling FOX 26 in Houston, "I know for a fact. I have faith in God and strong beliefs. I know for a fact it's going to happen."

No comments: