Friday, October 15, 2010

Joy Behar, Bill O'Reilly continue debate after 'The View'

 


By Emile Wamsteker, for USA TODAY
After yesterday morning's walkout on The View, Joy Behar had more to say about Bill O'Reilly.

Right after the show, PopEater's Rob Shuter caught up with Behar, who was surprised the tiff was making headlines. "Really, is anyone talking about it? He's an idiot. I just couldn't sit there any longer and listen to him."
On her Headline News show later, Behar re-capped O'Reilly's "pinhead moment" and said she and Whoopi Goldberg left the stage beccause, "I thought he was saying something that I construe as hate speech, frankly."
Her guest was former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura, who called O'Reilly "a spineless puke." But Ventura didn't totally disagree with him. "I don't consider it hate speech, if it's truly the truth." He appeared on The Joy Behar Show to promote his new show about conspiracy theories, and he believes that 9/11 may have been a conspiracy.

Bill O'Reilly also commented on The View's "fiery debate" during his "Talking Points Memo" on The O'Reilly Factor last night.
He said, "I am not in the business of sugar coating harsh realities. ... I enjoy jousting with The View ladies because, with the exception of Elisabeth Hasselbeck, they don't see it my way. I loved that exposition today. Didn't you? "

No comments: